A couple of iPhone questions...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wingnut330, May 27, 2008.

1. Wingnut330 macrumors 6502a

Hey all,

1. Has anyone heard that the new iPhone will send MMS / picture messages in a more elegant fashion than the current version.

2. Is it true that it's one iPhone per household? I saw on the AT&T site that it says one per household.

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've been unable to predict #1; and currently I have three iPhones in my household. :eek::eek::eek::cool:

3. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I have a bad feeling that no, MMS will not be implemented. I would love for Apple to prove me wrong but honestly, I'm not feeling like they're going to do it.

I think they just added that "one per person / household" in light of the recent "shortages"? I don't remember it being there before and many people have more than one iPhone under the same roof.

4. phinnaeus macrumors member

I agree with your assessment of the implementation of MMS, it feels like the whole no floppy drive/no optical drive thing Apple has done in the past.

5. mlg32 macrumors member

Question??

I know it is purely speculation, but does anyone know of when the sdk /2.0 software update will be available, If the 3g comes out on june 9 will also the update for orignal iphones?? thanks

6. neven macrumors 6502a

You mean more elegantly than not implementing it at all? :) No, they'll stick with simplicity.

7. neven macrumors 6502a

Neither one will come out on June 9. You'll get the release date on June 9, and that date will probably be June 27 or so.

8. mlg32 macrumors member

Oh yeah I guess that does sound right, darn it.....

9. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately MMS is very rarely used by customers and instead those with Email-enabled phones will rather attach a photo and send it off...

Apple cant be bothered to add another feature, another big reason is that it will have to edit its Set iPhone Plans to accomodate for MMS.. more headache..

10. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

over in the uk we send hell of a lot of mms's! mms is a standard for all of our phones even the cheapest £10 handset that carphone warehouse sell or even asda supports mms! its gonna be a massive let down if they dont implement the smallest things such as mms and the bluetooth for all devices.

11. neven macrumors 6502a

We know. Stop trying to convince us. It's not better than email. Apple won't do it.

12. Wingnut330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess I just assumed that the iPhone had bluetooth. That's a bummer if it doesn't. I've been holding out since Jan for this new revision, but maybe it's not for me. No MMS and no Bluetooth - kind of a let down. I know it has lots of other great features, but those 2 seem like they should be standard IMO.

13. neven macrumors 6502a

It does have Bluetooth, but it's very restricted. You can basically only use it with some Bluetooth headsets.

14. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Yes.

I mean, yes if you're ignoring the vast majority of mobile users.

15. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Rarely used by whom? Be bothered? For the price they're charging for the phone it shouldn't be an issue. Thank God for the RIM.

16. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

Very rarely used by customers?? What?!?!

17. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

No, really. MMS is leagues behind text messaging and push email in terms of volume, and it's completely useless for content providers. Ask any carrier and they'll tell you that MMS is dead.

18. Wingnut330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I completely disagree. It's a premium service offered by carriers and they make a boat load off of it. Comparing it to simple messaging is like comparing apples to oranges. They serve 2 completely different purposes.

19. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

Ahem, while that may be true for the North American market that is false for Asia/Europe/Australasia.