A couple of questions about Adium

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jialuolu, May 26, 2007.

1. jialuolu macrumors regular

I've always done my IMing from Windows Live Messenger and there are a few things that are irking me about Adium

1. Is there any way the Contact List window can display whether or not I have new mail in my Hotmail account? Also, when I go to File>>Disconnect: asdf @hotmail.com>>Open Hotmail Inbox, nothing happens. Any ideas?

2. In Windows Live Messenger, there is the ability to chat with contacts while being Invisible. Is this supported in Adium?

And yes, I'm aware that Hotmail sucks.. :(

2. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

Don't know the answer to your first questions as I don't use Adium for e-mail, however to answer your second question, yes. Under the 'Status' menu select "Invisible" and you can still talk to people you just won't show up on their buddy list.

3. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

Yep hotmail sucks.

1) There's a setting under "events" that can show you when you get a new mail, but I have yet to see this in action.

2) No, you can't talk to people when invisible. Go ahead and try, it'll say "not allowed when invisible".

4. jialuolu thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I'd already run into that error. I was wondering about maybe an extension or something that would implement this feature

5. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

That is quite odd.. when I go invincible via the method I mentioned it still lets me talk to people.