A couple of questions regarding Delicious Library.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kavika411, Jun 2, 2008.

1. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Thanks for reading. I've read through quite a bit of material at the Delicious Library/Monster page, and read a couple of summaries of the (new 2.0) software, but am unable to understand just a couple of small points. Any help is appreciated.

First, how easy is the migration of information from iTunes to DL? Will DL simply replicate all of my media in iTunes? If I prefered, could I ask DL to replicate only media from a certain iTunes playlist rather than the whole thing?

Second, how seamless is media playback from DL? For example, if I have DL open and iTunes is closed, what exactly happens if I double-click (I guess that's what it is) an album in DL? Does iTunes start up and start playing the album?

I'm real interested in the questions regarding playback. DL looks beautiful, but I am uninterested in using it to catalogue everything, nor am I interested in using it to track items loaned to friends. What I am interested in - if it works this way - is using it as my media interface. However, if doing so simply makes iTunes pop up, making me go back and forth between DL and iTunes to play media, then I am uninterested.

Again, my compliments to the creators of DL. It looks gorgeous. I appeciate anyone's help with my questions.

2. krye macrumors 68000

krye

I was hoping that DL 2 would pull out al my CDs from iTunes but it appears that it does not. I looked at the support page on DM's site and they said that this is a popular feature request and it is not currently supported. (http://www.delicious-monster.com/help.php?id=21#article) They point to a 3rd party plugin that is supposed to do the job but I guess it has not been updated for Leopard because it just doesn't work. Good thing I download the demo and didn't actually buy it. What a waste that would have been because there's no way I'm scanning in 800 CDs for a "nice to have" app.

3. kavika411 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Thanks for the reply. As cool looking and sounding as DL is, I have zero interest in scanning my (same number as you) 800 or so CDs. DL looks like eye-candy without functionality for someone like me.