A Couple of Questions. (Rosetta and Web Page Previews)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Dark Void, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Hello,

I was messing around today in finder and I saw these .jpeg and .png files of my homepage in my Web Page Previews folder. There was also a .tiff file with a hard drive icon (not in the Web Page Previews folder). I would provide a screenshot of the search but they no longer show up in the search, which I found rather odd. I saw them under the Finder search terms "created within the last 1 day(s)." My question is, what are these for and why is it that they are only being created just now?

I also have a question about Rosetta. I realize that it only takes up a couple MB of space, but I read that it "slows down system performance" if installed. I was wondering if this is true or if it runs in the background or anything. I would test it myself but I also read that it is very tedious to uninstall. There is a plugin (I do believe) for Photoshop that is on my system (it's name is displayed as a bunch of letters and numbers with a "photoshop arrow" icon under "Open with...") and it apparently requires Rosetta to be installed in order to open it. I am not even sure what it is, but I am just curious about Rosetta, and would mainly like to have my first question addressed.

Thank you.

2. Dark Void thread starter macrumors 68030

Dark Void

3. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Installing Rosetta should have no impact on the performance of your machine.

Just bear in mind that Rosetta will not work in Mac OS X Lion due out next month, so if you are planning to upgrade to that, any Rosetta software will cease to function.

4. Dark Void thread starter macrumors 68030

Dark Void

alright, good point, and thanks a lot.