A couple of silly questions

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sillyrabbitt, Mar 12, 2011.

1. sillyrabbitt macrumors 6502

Thanks for any help!

1- Is there a way to see websites as I would on my PC? Is there a way to switch the user agent on the browser to make it show in desktop mode? I want my contacts to show in gmail but I dont see them or when i setup my email in the ipad email app will my gmail show up?

2- If I need to wipe my device where are my paid apps do i need to back them up to the pc? or when i sign into appstore on the new unit i can just download the paid apps again for free?

3- Finanlly is there an app to lock certain apps by Password so people who use your ipad cannot get access to certain data?

Thanks in advance!

2. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

1) No idea, never thought about it! I'm sure there is, however. Most sites have a link pointing to 'full version' I think.

2) You have iTunes. The apps are all in there. As long as you sync, (which will copy new apps to iTunes that you bought on the device, as well as do a backup), then all the apps you have will be there. Just plug the new device in and sync away as normal. nothing will be erased.

3) There is a pass lock for the device as a whole, and most of the sensitive apps have passwords. Sundry notes, airsharing, etc. You'd have to check for each individual app.

3. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

Bluemeanie1976 not a MEANIE at all ;)

THANKS for your help!!!

4. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

I just drowned a bunny... Honest. I'm really quite mean.

5. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

LOL so your having a baby ;) (the rabbitt died)

thanks again for the fast help

6. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

I found a few browsers that do. One is "Mercury" which can change the user agent and trick sites into thinking the ipad is a computer (for the most part) and also Mercury allows you to download files to the ipad.

7. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

8. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

How do I lock the market or my email? LOST?

thanks