A couple questions about buying

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Duncan1234, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Duncan1234 macrumors newbie

Well, come friday, I hope to be buying an iPhone for myself.

But a few problems may arise.

Im only 17, will I have any problems, walking in to either a CPW store or an o2 store and buying an iPhone on friday with my Visa Electron Debit card?

I wont get questioned if im 18 or not there will I? And the Credit Check is all done at home through iTunes?

Has there been any confirmation on the addition of bolt ons to the iPhone tariffs? I would like to go with the £35 tariff as 200 minutes is plenty for me, but 200 texts is not. Im sure other o2 tariffs have options for text bolt ons. If these are not going to be available to iPhone customers im going to have to go with the £45 option.

Lastly, with o2, is there anyway to check how2 many minutes and texts you have left in your account? Such as online or through an automated call?

The plan is that my Dad will go through the credit check through itunes and subscribe to the contract, I will just pay him the money each month.

Thanks

2. Leemo macrumors 6502

Leemo

From a recent post it looks like you won't be able to buy one using an Electron card. Yes the credit check etc is all done through iTunes so that's ok.

You can log in on the O2 website and it will show you your remaining minutes and texts - although this is normally a few hours behind - I'm assuming this will be the same on the iPhone. Or you can call up customer services (a free call on 202) and they can tell you up to date info.

I'd be surprised if they didn't offer bolt-ons, I'm sure they will. The best thing to do would be to start off at the £35 tariff, as you can always change up whenever you like, changing down requires you having been with O2 for 9 months however.

-Leemo