Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AaronICT

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
I've been working on a program with the SDK and am ready to start the process to get it in the App Store.

First, how long are applications taking to process at this point in time?

Second, how is the best way to define my sole proprietorship with Apple? I signed up as a Company, not an Individual, because I have a DBA for my company and I don't want my software sold under my name, but my company's. The step I'm on right now with Apple is them saying they are going to contact the legal contact in my application to see if I'm able to enter into a contract on my company's behalf. I am the legal contact.

How long is this going to take and how many more steps are there?

Thanks,
Aaron

bigsprocket

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2008
Based on what people have said in various forums (including this one), it seems to vary. I think it took 7 weeks after I applied to the program before Apple contacted me and said they wanted my articles of incorporation, etc. After I provided that info, it took another 3 weeks or so. But other people have reported quicker results.

Submitting applications to the store also takes a varying amount of time. My first app took 10 days before they contacted me and asked me to change something. After the change, it took another 3 days. My 2nd app was submitted for a week before I decided to pull it. But, I seem to remember someone saying their app only took 2 days to be approved. So, you never know. One thing is for sure... the more complex the app, the longer it will take.

xamichee

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2008
I registered as an individual 2 weeks ago and was up and running in 5 hours (!).
I guess a company would take longer but they seem to be much quicker then the early reports.

danimal99

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
I tried to register as an individual months ago, and didn't hear anything back, then tried it again recently and it worked almost immediately. I was registered and paid in about 30 minutes.

Funnily enough, about a week later I got an email from them about the previous attempt, wanting to know if I was still interested in it.

I think just registering as an individual is the most hassle-free way to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.