A couple questions from a current Sprint User...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Matto1020, May 16, 2008.

1. Matto1020 macrumors member

Matto1020

So with a new iPhone coming out next month I think I am going to make the switch to ATT.

I have been with Sprint for about 8 years now and unfortunatly still have about 7 months left on my current contract so I am thinking about calling them and politly telling them I am being issued a buisness line and at the time don't need my current phone (hopefully to get them to waive the ETF). Do you think this will work (if not, is there a better way of getting out of an ETF)?

If I cancel my line with Sprint, will I still be able to port over my current phone number to ATT? Would I need to activate my iPhone before I cancel with Sprint or after?

Thanks!

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

tell them you're moving outside Sprint's coverage. That might work.

keep in mind Sprint is DEAD LAST on customer service, so good luck to ya!

Note: to transfer a number your old number must be active.

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I think forum rule is we are not supposed to discuss how to deceptively get yourself out of a cellphone contract.

You need to pay the cancellation fee...

Maybe get a cheap older iPhone when the new ones are out to make up the difference?

4. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Just pay the fee.. the easy way and be done with it.. but Kgarris, we are trying to help eachother here, so forget forum rules, if we can save a brother a penny or two we will do even if it breaks the forum rules, OK?

5. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Out of respect for MacRumors just do it elsewhere if you feel the need.

6. housemusic101 macrumors newbie

I think with Sprint that they now give you a discount when it comes to the ETF. It depends on how many months you have left on your contract. I think it is like $10 for each month you have left, but call to find out. When I got my sprint contract back in December, the guy told me they were switching to that method. For each month you are closer, the less you pay (not $175 anymore).

Not sure if I'm switching to iphone, depends on if they have new features. I have sprint now. I use to have Iphone, but got tired of no coverage in my apartment when it came to phone calls. Also, web browser is slow at times on edge. Also, I would rather listen to live radio streams than to purchase music. If iphone can give me tv and radio on the go, I might switch back.

But, the new HTC Touch Diamond might look like it will be tight, so I might stick around.

7. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

I ditched Sprint last year and had to pay $200 for the privilege. So will you.

Had a treo that I sold for $150 so I ended up out $50. Not bad, and the iphone is a much more pleasant experience for email, web, and multimedia. Not to mention that isyncing was a disaster waiting to happen (and often did), Palm is going the way of Microsoft with releasing OS updates that destroy systems, and Leopard isync doesn't even support the treo.

Money well spent!

8. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

just say you're leaving as the plan is too expensive due to personal matters? and you don't want to carry on with sprint anymore, or i like the moving out of sprint coverage idea