A couple questions on the iPod rebate. Please help!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mattcube64, Sep 9, 2008.

1. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

Okay... so I was planning on doing a "return and rebuy" from my campus store after this event to see if there was a new iPod coming out.

Anyhoo... I think they still only have the old Touches... at $299. What do I do?? :confused: Should I have them drop the price to $229? Keep it at 299?

How am I supposed to do this?

OH... and while I'm at it: I actually bought an old "Late 2007" iMac rather than the new Spring models. It was on clearance at the store... but the guy said it's definitely compatible with the rebate. Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks!

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

The amount of the rebate has dropped at the same time as the price - buy an old one at $299 you get a $299 rebate. Buy a new one at $229 then the rebate drops to $229. I would go for the new one !

Not sure on the iMac but I would be surprised if a late 2007 model was included in the rebate......

3. SimiM macrumors newbie

The new ipods can't be used for the rebate.

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Check the terms. All new computers except the Mac mini and the 17-inch iMac are eligible, so you should be fine. But only the specific iPod model numbers listed are eligible...new ones released today are not part of the program.

5. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

You can't get the new iPods with the rebate. If you return your old one you lose out on the rebate. Only thing you can do is sell the old one on ebay and buy the new one.