a couple updates i've noticed in the app store

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by drakeshipway, Nov 1, 2008.

1. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

i've noticed a couple really small things about that app store that seem new to me.

1. when you are browsing apps by category, you only see 25 apps
    also: you can only click "twenty five more" 4 times, which limits the list of apps to a whopping 125..
    (thanks Delirium39 for the heads up)

[​IMG]

2. when installing a new app, the icon is blank
    [​IMG]

3. i've also noticed that the categories list has been re-arranged

2. Delirium39 macrumors regular

The games list only has 125 apps in it right now. I assume they're going to fill it up eventually, but there's going to be 1500 very ticked off game developers today.

3. detz macrumors 65816

Hmm, that might help me out since my game just went live today! :D

4. Delirium39 macrumors regular

The list doesn't seem to be in new release order. I don't see your app.

5. detz macrumors 65816

It's probably featured...the weird part is I was only able to find my app by refreshing the category it's in. There are so many issues with the store...:(

6. Delirium39 macrumors regular

I'm confused, why would it be featured if it just got released? The featured lists don't get updated until Monday night. Regardless, the category is screwed up. iHunt even shows up three times!

7. detz macrumors 65816

No, I mean the games they are showing are probably featured or something.

8. Delirium39 macrumors regular

If so, there are certainly some strange items included in it. Perhaps they're planning to cycle the list. Although this seems like a very strange thing to do to developers. Make a game for the iPhone, but there's no promise it will appear on the phone at any given moment. I can't complain at the moment, as I'm on this list. But it makes me very nervous.

9. Delirium39 macrumors regular

I think I've figured it out. The first 25 are newly released/updated games from the last three days. #26-100 on the phone are #26-100 from iTune's top 100 games list.

10. detz macrumors 65816

Well, that's all and well but since their "release" dates are messed up it's not very accurate. :( It's come down to the people that know how to work the date system stay at the top.

11. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

The end user should have the option to sort each list in whatever form he or she wants. You should be able to sort by: Name, update/release date, rating, price, file size, most downloaded, etc.

12. drakeshipway thread starter macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

either you guys have all confused me, or i've confused you :confused: hahaha

when you are browsing by categories the list starts off by only showing 25 apps,
    then you click to view 25 more apps, (so the list populates to 50 apps) etc etc.]
    as apposed to having a huge laggy list of 1500 apps.

this was all i was trying to say. there are still 1500 games in the app store

lol, pce :apple: a confused drakeshipway ;)

NVM :D

13. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

I don't like this... the 1500 games all in one list was horrible, but this is worse. How am I supposed to find new games? I have to rely on apple to pick things to be featured that I might want, or I have to stumble across them by searching?
    Apple really needs sorting capabilities throughout the iphone, not just the app store.

14. Delirium39 macrumors regular

Keep clicking, there's only 100 games. You only get to click the "Twenty Five More..." three times. You can't get to the whole list on the phone/touch.

15. Delirium39 macrumors regular

I think this is temporary. Developers won't stand for their games only to be listed if they are new or in the top 100 games lists. It violates the whole idea of making a game, and getting it on the store. Sure, you can get on iTunes, but take it from me, the real money only comes when you're visible on the phone.

I'm betting we'll end up with today's list of new/#26-100 top games, PLUS another list of everything else. And the #1-25 top games are already found in the normal top 50 apps list.

16. drakeshipway thread starter macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

ohh! i see what your saying now! :p sorry for all the confusion.
    i shall edit my first post ;) thank's for the heads up!

17. detz macrumors 65816

I think is having a direct effect on my first days sales. It's almost impossible to find my game if you don't know the name...and by the time(if they do) fix the issue my game with be on the third of fourth page anyways.

18. gospel9 macrumors regular

I am not happy about this.
    I hope they can at least fix the bugs for now.

Yes, they need a way to organize the mobile App Store in a manageable way, but this is not it.

19. zerogate macrumors newbie

zerogate

101 Photo apps... who is the unlucky one left out?

I gave feedback:confused: using this link http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

I called ATT today and they sent me to apple support. When I asked about it, the guy said "let me go get a phone", then he came back and said, "Sir, do you see the 'load 25 more' page?" I told him to click it 3 times and he would hit the brick wall. Then he put me on hold for a minute and came back and said "We are aware of the problem and we are working on it."

Seriously, 101 photo apps and you can only see 100. That's almost comical. Almost.

I hope the order of the universe is restored soon.

Mark
    MeterRead (Go Green, Save Green!)

20. drakeshipway thread starter macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

they better be working on it..

it makes me mad! i want to look at all the apps! not 100 of them..

fail

21. NewGenAdam macrumors 6502

a couple OF updates i've noticed
    i've noticed a couple OF really small things

^_^