a crappy WWDC this year

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by zoran, Jun 10, 2007.

1. zoran macrumors 68020

Well based on a great post of a friend in here wrlwzrd98, i think he is right on this one, and from the looks of it, its gonna be a crappy a WWDC this year for the Macintosh. But will be a great one for OSX. Well not 100% great, cause we only get a preview/beta version of the "future" (Leopard). Damn it and i was really waiting for great rumoring for this years WWDC.... damn damn damn + ive been waiting so long for new serious MacPro announcements. My situation is not undercontrol but my shrink sais its ok!
    Of course on the other hand, there are a few times when all rumors came true, this time no rumors around so i cant say that a saying doesnt cross my mind, which saying? "no news is good news!"

Still living with the hope!

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

how is it bad for the Mac when it is getting a new OS, if it wasn't for the OS then a lot less people would want them.

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I think WWDC will be awesome. Only time will tell...

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Hold on......we should wait for it to be done, then we can start to complain. I'm sure we'll see some cool updates, there is so much coming down the Apple pipline. iPhone is coming, OS 10.5, updates needed for iMac, Mac Mini and 5G iPod. Plus iLife/iWork.

Exciting day ahead for Apple fans...

5. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

if you believe in the rumors, you're bound to be disappointed. If you don't, you'll be surprised.

6. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i agree :apple:

7. zoran thread starter macrumors 68020

True but this year i dont see any rumors around!

mrkramer
    As for the Macs issue i mean hardwarewise and not softwarewise!

8. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

calm before the storm, perhaps? Steve seems pretty smug about the stuff they're making, and he did say 2007 will be Year of the Mac. Time will certainly tell... about 10 hours, 30 minutes time...

9. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Perhaps lowering expectations is a good idea, especially if it helps reduce the inevitable bitchfest that follows these events :D

We finally see our next generation OS in full. There's nothing more important for the Mac platform than that!

10. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

this comes up EVERY year. wwdc is a conference for developers. developers are in my books, programmers. programs = apps = software.

only 2 topics will be really discussed on the keynote (which is today or on tuesday?). the iPhone + mac os x.5.

we would be really lucky, if we get something more.

11. A Pittarelli macrumors 6502

i doubt it wwdc are always awesome, and apple is currently riding high

12. zoran thread starter macrumors 68020

So we still have 10 more hours of rumoring untill the truth is revealed :D
    It true Steve did say that 2007 is the year of the Mac, so, if so far in 2007 the iPhone came out, then imagine whats gonna be announced for the Mac, if its a Mac year this year! Yeeeehaaaa!
    But 2007 has a long long way until finish, and if anything has to do with the Mac, well, i bet we will see it along with the Leopard release in 2007 fall.
    Rightnow other than grafx card update or a case redesign (most unlikely) i see nothing else new at least for the Pro series. Maybe a black imac? What else for the Mac?

13. Stevenup7002 macrumors member

Actually I'm just gonna enjoy it. I thought the leopard features we saw last year were good, and they were supposed to be the worst ones. So imagine what could come up this year!

14. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Agreed. And MacWorld is for er... Mac hardware.

15. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

I predict that during the Leopard demonstration, after a while Steve will have several windows open, pretend to get frustrated with the messy desktop, thrown the mouse down, and proceed to use two hands on the display to briefly sort the windows. He will then proceed to navigate with the mouse once again, and say "oh yeah, I forgot. We have new displays that look just like the old except they are multi-touch compatible, as is Leopard when you need it."

. . . right ?

16. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I know really!

WWDC is going to be awesome! At least, more awesome than MacWorld. :D

17. PhatBoyG macrumors regular

PhatBoyG

Now that's just mean teasing with something like that. It would be tasty though.

18. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

every time there is going to people who complain and aren't satisfied. hardly surprising imo.

19. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I think you lost me.

The World Wide Developer's Conference will be a disappointment because all they're going to be talking about is the future of the Mac OS. That means the new features of the OS, a demonstration, possibly about ZFS and Sun. All of this is huge if you're a developer.

It may be a disappointment to you, but that's because you have no idea what you're talking about. ;)

20. zoran thread starter macrumors 68020

Well sure, im a customer not a developer, im not intrested in apps, all the apps i need i have on my hands now. So we each have our opinion regarding things, thats why those should be respected. And in my opinion wwdc2007 had not particular intrest, apart from verfifing the long await of a great OS and a very buggy (for windows xp) version of Safari.
    Apple should give us the long awaited updates on MacMinis, iMacs and at least for Steves sake those long, long awaited, Cinema Displays!
    So for me, yeah its been a crappy WWDC this year, sorry if i spoiled it for u guys but we should get more! Go getem Steve!

21. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

As far as I am concerned it was a good Developers Conference. A new ACD does not help developers. Leopard Beta does.

22. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I agree...Leopard looks great, I'm eagerly waiting for it to launch. iPhone looks nice...3rd party apps, even if they are from Safari is welcomed. And Safari for Windows is a nice shock...hopefully my school will install it, as they already have FF and IE on their PCs

23. zoran thread starter macrumors 68020

Ok i agree with you 100% on this its just that Steve has spoiled us with presenting new hardware on other WWDCs... :D