iPhone XS Max A deal I couldn’t pass up!

UnLiMiTeD558

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
So my contract was due at the end of this month, naturally I started shopping around for some phone plans. Anyone who lives in western Canada knows how expensive our plans are, not to mention phone prices. A base model xs max is $1500 out here.

So while scrolling through some deals, I decided to check what corporate deals my company had with Telus. For once I could finally get a better data plan for cheaper than what I was paying! So I jumped at the chance to finally switch from Rogers

Now for the bonus! I wasn’t sold on upgrading my 8 plus quite yet, still ran great and did what I wanted it to do. But while scroll through their deals, there pops up one for a Xs Max 64gb, $0 up front and $15 a month for 24 months with the option after two years to trade up to the next gen or buy it out for $340 at the end of the term. Remember, this phone is $1500 CAD. Even Rogers couldn’t come close to matching this

So naturally I had to jump at this option, and I’m glad i did, this is an awesome phone! Screen is amazing, the camera was a nice improvement, especially in lower light and dynamic range. Battery life has been fantastic so far as well for me, performance is great but so was my 8 plus. The biggest difference for me was playing pubg, no stuttering or overheating that caused the screen to dim. And the speakers are noticeably better.

If I couldn’t find a deal on an xs max, I would have probably kept my 8 plus for another year as I dont think paying $1.5k for a phone is worthwhile. But $700 Cdn for a brand new xs max? You bet lol

UnLiMiTeD558

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
It all depends on how much you're paying for the monthly service. Hopefully, the value adds up.

The Max remains a great phone.
It’s a better value then I had lol. Was $108 a month for 14gb of data and iPhone 8 tab. I now pay $90 a month for 20gb of high speed data and no overage and that includes the $15 a month for the xs max

For western Canada it’s a pretty good deal. Sucks compared to the US but is what it is

The even better deal they had was $100 for 50gb of data including the phone tab but my wife will be added on soon anyways and they give us another 20gb so we will have 40gb between us and that’s more than enough.