A decent image viewer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jj1075, Mar 6, 2008.

1. jj1075 macrumors newbie

Preview and Iphoto are ok but I'm looking for something similar to Irfanview or AcDsee on the windows side. I like to be able to open a folder with these programs and just start rummaging through the images without having to select all or batches. I want to flip through with the l,r,up,down keys. Also, some basic editing features would be nice too. It doesn't need to be free but I'd like to stay away from Adobe-esque prices if I could. Anyone have a favorite little app for this?

Thanks,

Jeff Jackson <5 months into the Mac world and loving it>

2. jj1075 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. 11blue macrumors member

Xee would be perfect if it could resize photo's. I hate how imagewell works, and xee would be the best if it could resize. Is there anything else? I am looking for the best Irfanview replacement you guys know.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Irfanview doesn't really have a decent replacement over on OS X. Believe me I've looked. I usually end up using GIMP or ToyViewer.

FFView works out great for reading manga or viewing a large collection. There's one more program that will thumbnail a folder of images but I haven't seen it in 2 years.