Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
What's up? Thought some of you might enjoy this concept. I built a temp site for until my full site is ready. So basically, all this is at the moment is a blog site. I thought it'd be neat if the posts were arranged like a conversation similar to that found in iChat.

So...

http://andybloxham.com/

Opinions would be awesome, good or bad. Oh and yes, my name's Andy (not Frankie) :)

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
It plays with my head because i keep trying to move that small window or minimize it. But the idea is really cool. It would be nice if we could make the chat window larger so that I can read all of the post at once, without scrolling.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
I thought I had some deja vu there for a minute... but then, I knew it! I knew I saw this post somewhere before. I see that you also frequent notebookforums. :)

And...

superbovine said:
nice, but only mac users would get it.

I guess that's why I have been the only reply over at notebookforums. :)

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Ha, yeah! I saw your name and was like "...doesn't he visit notebookforums, too?" There's only a small group of Mac users there, but it's fun due to the wealth of pc knowledge also in existence there (and striking abf down for all of his linux and etc comments).

Thanks for the comments, guys. If non-Mac users don't get it, that's all right. They'll understand at least the idealogy behind it.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
FrankieTDouglas said:
Ha, yeah! I saw your name and was like "...doesn't he visit notebookforums, too?" There's only a small group of Mac users there, but it's fun due to the wealth of pc knowledge also in existence there (and striking abf down for all of his linux and etc comments).

Thanks for the comments, guys. If non-Mac users don't get it, that's all right. They'll understand at least the idealogy behind it.

Hahhahah... striking down abf is so much fun. :) Stupid, biased, anti apple, uneducated children. :)

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
That's a great idea. I wonder if you could use some CSS to get the corners of the boxes rounded so they look more like the iChat speech bubbles.

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
Nice!!

It's funny that you even show the "bug" iChat has by not outlining the entire type box with the blue hilight (stops at the smiley) somtimes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.