A DIFFERENT Battery Issue. On my 3rd 4S, same problem every time.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thouts, Jun 22, 2012.

1. thouts macrumors regular

thouts

I'm losing hope.

I got the FIRST 4S in October 2011, was fine for a while. It began randomly shutting off around 33% battery life, and could not be turned back on until plugged in. When it was plugged back in, battery started charging from 33%.

I took it into the apple store and got a replacement around March 2012.

The 2nd 4S then began the same problem, only this one would shut down around 50-60%.

I took it into the apple store and got a replacement at the end of May 2012.

The 3rd 4S is now having the same problem, only around 25% battery left. For the phone I have now, I started fresh, from no back-up, only loading my contacts. No apps, no music, nothing.

Can somebody tell me what is going on here? This is getting absolutely ridiculous.

2. N e e k macrumors 6502

Apple sent my friend a brand new sealed iPhone 4S in the mail after his 4th replacement. I know that doesn't really help you out, but that's what happened.

3. thouts thread starter macrumors regular

thouts

Thanks for the reply. I'm just hoping for a solution. I just sent Tim an e-mail. We'll see how that goes, just don't know where else to turn.

4. C0bra K0mmander macrumors regular

C0bra K0mmander

Thats crazy. And i hate how people suggest turn this off, turn that off...its a smartphone!! It was made for us to check our emails, using Maps etc. Apple better get u another 4S. Good luck!

5. thouts thread starter macrumors regular

thouts

Exactly. I forgot to mention a different symptom. This has happened to all three phones as well...I shut down the phone this weekend while at a baptism at 56%, turned it on about an hour later and it was at 22%. I'm calling Apple tonight. Unfortunately Mr. Cook didn't reply to my e-mail, big surprise.