a different & simple music player

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jpma, Dec 4, 2011.

1. jpma macrumors 6502

Hi All,

Im looking for a normal music player and the key feature is to stop the automatic playback continuously and able to use playlist

and play when I click on the item from the playlist which will stop when that item end.

any suggestion ?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

iTunes can do exactly that.

3. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

You don't need an app at all to play music. You can play mp3 files right in quick view. But if you do want an app and you want that app to be lightweight, try Vox. I use Vox for playing mp3 files I find lying around my disk. I'm tired of the time it takes for iTunes to get itself ready to play an mp3 file (if iTunes wasn't already running) and it annoys me that any file I touch seems to automatically get added to my iTunes library, even if it's just a fart noise I downloaded just to see what it sounds like. Now that my iThings are backed up by iCloud, I tend to run iTunes about 1/20 as often as I run vox.

4. tug macrumors 6502

completely agree r0k, vox in my opinion is by far the best mp3 player out there. I've tried all the rest and always get back to vox pretty quick, i only use iTunes to stream to my atv.

5. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa