A different take on iPhone vs Android

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by aerok, Apr 17, 2015.

1. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

An iPhone user and an Android user stab each other over which is better.

http://www.ktul.com/story/28827848/...each-other-over-debate-between-iphone-samsung

2. Aika macrumors regular

Aika

I think this means that Blackberry is better.

3. flybub macrumors regular

4. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

^^ I'm surprised the cop didn't shoot the photographer in the back several times and claim he thought he was trying to taze the guy. :rolleyes:

5. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

What the investigation will show is that it was actually a Blackberry Passport that was the weapon used by the two guys to hit each other. The corners of the phone did the stabbing.

6. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 47 years ago
    Ha. Sounds like a real life version of that Windows phone ad.

Remember the one with Android and iOS users fighting at a wedding?

7. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Not sure which is worse, this or that case a couple years ago where there were death threats that cause av forums to shut down over which hd format was better, bluray or hddvd. I think this cause I don't think in the other case there was an actual physical confrontation, but I could be wrong.

8. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Roomates stab one another in iPhone vs Android argument...

http://www.ktul.com/story/28827848/...each-other-over-debate-between-iphone-samsung

Make sure to think twice next time before arguing with an Android user guys... ;)

9. uid15 Suspended

uid15

10. gibbz macrumors 68030

On behalf of Oklahoma, I apologize to the world.

11. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

At least you're not Florida. :)

12. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

13. brgjoe macrumors regular

Or Illinois. :)

And yeah, I agree -- really, really stupid to argue over something such as this. Much less resort to violence over something as silly as a cellphone brand.

I have bought and used both types of devices (Android and Apple). Both of them have their pluses and minuses. Am a current iPhone6 user and generally like the experience thus far. Will I go back to Android? Maybe, maybe not. Just depends on what is offered when my contract ends.

Both types of phones will appeal to different types of people. Don't necessarily think one is "better" than the other for all users.

Just in case though, I won't argue this point with any drunken Android or iOS folks. ;)

14. apolloa macrumors G4

Seems like a reasonable argument to me considering the world we live in. These days a teenager will kill you because he was bored, this week a 74 year old was sent to jail for raping a 24 year old woman, in America this week we had a report on a Policemen shooting a man in the back multiple times, and another just ramming a suspected with his patrol car.

So this sort of thing seems normal in today's society. Look at this sites users, when they post a story about Samsung users in this forum were being utterly racist to an entire country and declaring war!

15. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

16. MRU Suspended

MRU

What's surprising is that during the scuffle they never found the time to do a camera and benchmark test! ;)

17. Conquest macrumors newbie

There is no android vs iPhone debate. That's old. The debates are over. They both are good at some things and bad at other things.

The only thing that separates them now is the fact the the 5s is the only reasonably sized phone worth a damn in the market right now.

And quite possibly the best phone apple ever made.

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I'd say the 4S is the best phone Apple has made, and if you don't agree with me, I'll punch you with my fists of fury.

19. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

That's the iPhone 4S you're thinking.

20. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Read around in here. Some guys have multiple phones and switch them around every few days. For some, its everything lol.

21. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

Wow. I can't believe humanity has become this dumb. Who cares which one is better, just use whatever you want and ****. PS: Love the Microsoft ad.

22. panjandrum macrumors regular

panjandrum

I guess I'm lucky in that I never really understood the fanboy mentality. Well, maybe that's not quite true; I was stupidly a big fan of American cars for a while, when it turned out they were building complete crap. I thought I should love them, and I did, and was probably a bit of a fanboy about them. But after owning my third or fourth complete unmitigated piece of junk I learned my lesson and I've never been a fanboy of anything since. I'll be a fan, absolutely. But when a company (or person, or studio, or...) I'm a fan of starts producing crap (BiowEAre? Anyone? Anyone? George Lucas? Anyone? Anyone?), I won't pretend otherwise. My own sense of self-worth is in no way whatsoever tied-into what products I purchase, what music I listen to, what movies I like, etc. To become this upset because somebody prefers one product over another speaks volumes about how materialistic people have become. Not only do we want to own own own, but our egos are so fragile that we have to pretend to ourselves, somehow, that what we own is better than what the next guys owns. Isn't that just a wee-bit absurd?

23. bahndoos macrumors 6502

bahndoos

"Police said a third man was reported to be have been drinking with the duo, but was gone by the time they arrived. Many questions linger (Tulsa police did not immediately respond to my request for comment), including: Was this evasive comrade a Windows Phone man?"

LULZ

24. jamezr macrumors G4

jamezr

LOL....no doubt he was a Lumia 1040 fan. With that camera he could stay at a distance to get could shots in......and just crop them later.......