A Disc is stuck in my Macbook!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Shotgun OS, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

So, earlier, I went to eject a DVD from my Macbook. It ejected fine, and then I inserted a CD. Now the Macbook won't recognize the disc. It sounds like it keeps on trying to read the disc. When I press eject, the Macbook makes the sound like it is ejecting it, but it never comes out, and after a moment, it makes the sound like it trying to read the disc again.

What should I do, and how can I get the disc out?

2. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

Tweezers worked for me and it might seem like the grey soft foam inside the drive is bent or something but it fixes when you insert another disc in the right way and take it out the good way too. If you don't want to try this, maybe the Apple Store??

3. Shotgun OS thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys. I tried all of the stuff in that guide beofre, but it didn't work. I went to try them all again, and when I opened up Disk Utility, I could see the disk. It just said "waiting for drive". After about 2 minutes, it popped out.

I have one more question. Is there something wrong with the disc itself, or was it just a random problem? I don't want to put a bad disc into my iMac, too.

4. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

May want to get it looked at before trying anything else. Could be your drive going faulty.

5. Shotgun OS thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, I just tried a different disc and it worked fine. Could it be just that one disc?

6. Wiredrawn macrumors regular

Could have been a one off, perhaps it hit something or went in at an odd angle.

7. Andrew Lee macrumors newbie

Don't reach for the hammer just yet!

To eject a stuck disk re-start the machine holding down the mouse key or trackpad button as appropriate - this should eject any disk in the drive - you may have to make sure the disk is not partially ejected by gently pushing the disk into the drive with something like a piece of plastic. I have had disks which do this and need pushing back in before they will eject properly.

8. katiemacla macrumors newbie

Ejecting a stuck disc from the Mac

Restarting while holding down the mouse pad works! Just did it, thank you!!!