a disk image won't mount after dragging off DiskUtility

Discussion in 'macOS' started by j37V, Feb 4, 2009.

1. j37V macrumors member

j37V

well im kinda this neat freak when it comes to my files and whatnot... so a few days ago i dragged an image i'd just made off the disk utility sidebar(the place where the drives appear)... and it did the cloud poofing.... thing... im afraid to even say it... is it deleted? i mean, when i check the file in the finder and click get info, the 2GB of files are there in the disk image... but when i double click... nothing.
    in disk utility it appears to be opened, but the icon where the disk drive should be is replaced by like a random file icon. there's a pic at the end... or should be.

so.... i dont know that to dooooooo!!...
    its 2GB of files in there and i would hate to have lost them... =\

Attached Files:

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Do you have Toast installed? If so, try mounting with that. Otherwise, try with a trial version of Disco.

The poof just means that the link is gone. It shouldn't have done anything to the file itself. :confused:

3. j37V thread starter macrumors member

j37V

yeah apparently thats what it was... luckly after hours of looking for options i went and looked at my boomerang app. and used that to recover the files. i made a new image so i hope it doesnt go bad again like it did. thanks for the help man and ill be sure to check out that Disco app... for possible use in the future!