A DVD that is both ntsc & pal

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by joeydp, Jul 3, 2009.

1. joeydp macrumors newbie

Traduzione: Italiano » Inglese

Hello to all ...
    I have in our hands a DVD video set up so that it can be read without problems both from a player that has PAL NTSC reader without loss of quality or other defect / problem.
    How is it possible?
    as a video can be simultaneously in two formats ... (impossible) or in what format is this video?
    and with that program was created because the DVD DVDsp asks you to choose between PAL and NTSC with no other option you ...
    which "magheggio" is behind this DVD?

ON THIS LINK AN EXAMPLE

http://www.hdhcommunications.com/ind...roducts_id=184

(** IMPORTANT: This DVD can be read by all players (PAL, SECAM, NTSC)
    and in all regions (1,2,3,4,5,6,8) **)

sorry for my English, I used the google translator (I hope that the result is not too "Tarzan") :):):)

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Ok, to make sure I understand you right. You have (in your hands) a dvd that's both NTSC and PAL? And your question is: how is that possible, 2 formats on one DVD?

How are you so sure it has both formats? How do you know that?

Some DVD players are without regions. They can play all regions DVD's. Some DVD players (I believe) can read both NTSC and PAL.

p.s. the link is broken.

3. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

A DVD will either be NTSC or PAL formatted, not both. A lot of modern DVD players will play both NTSC and PAL and will simply perform scaling to adjust for display device's video standard, if it differs.

As far as regions go... If you have for example, a Region 1 player, it will not read discs without a Region 1 flag.

4. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

NTSC discs will play on all PAL players, but not the other way around.