A few 3GS glitches any ideas why?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Acronym, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Acronym macrumors 68000

So when I plug in my car tape deck adapter the voice controls pops on but I can't do anything with it.

And when I'm receiving a call and I unplug the cord from the headphone Jack I can't "slide to answer" the button is unresponsive.

Any ideas as to why this is happening? How to fix this?

2. Surely Guest

Surely

I'd give a Restore a try. Couldn't hurt.

3. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

Ugh i was hoping it wouldn't come to this

4. Surely Guest

Surely

Yeah, I hear ya.... especially now that I've got the 32 GB, it will take sooooo long.

5. calimed macrumors member

I've got the same issue. This is what I think...

I think the issue is that your iPhone thinks it has a set of headphones with an integrated mic in it. So since you have a cassette adapter connected that obviously doesn't have a mic on it it can't "hear" you. Obviously the flaw is that it automaticalyl disables the mic on the iPhone itself. Hope this makes sense and sorry I don't know how to fix this. Very frustrating.

6. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

I hear ya, I'm gonna try plugging in the intergrated mic and see how that goes

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Agreed. You didn't mention if it was an iPhone accessory, but I've seen third party equipment make the iPhone do "interesting" things.

8. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

it is appearntly a nameless brand :S so i dont know im gonna test out my headphones and what not.

does anyone know if apple has released some in ear headphones? i checked awhile back and they had recalled them for malfunctioning issues.

9. calimed macrumors member

Headphones

Apple has headphones. Most that they release now with the iPhone have a mic. Some other ones that are good onclude the Klipsch and V-moda brands. I have the V-moda brand and it works great. It broke about 10 months into it, but if you were able to hang on to the receipt (luckily I bought it from Apple and they sent it via email) they will send you a brand new pair in one week with no hassell at all.

Hope this is what you were asking.

10. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

actualy apple had some in ear buds with a mic attachment but then they recalled them, i was wondering if they had revised them and sent that back out onto the market?

how much were the 2 that you mentioned?

11. capt601 macrumors member

I have a cassette tape adapter for my iphone when I drive my truck and occasionally my iphone does the same thing. I just have to turn the phone off and back on and it works normal. no big deal. may be happens 2-3 times a month.

12. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

yeah but if your trying to accept a call pressing the sleep button will silence the call then end it if presed a second time

13. calimed macrumors member