A few 6.1.2 issues on iPhone 4s.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by linuxas21, Mar 7, 2013.

1. linuxas21 macrumors member

Hello. I've recently updated my 4s to 6.1.2. Everything seemed quiet good at the beggining, but somehow I have noticed that sound quality is sligtly worse, I mean it's a bit distorted when it's at the highest level, I haven't experienced the same on 5.1.1 like just a week ago. Also, the battery is kind of an issue. I don't say that it's critical, but I've been counting, and one percentage drops in 3-4 minutes when in use, like browsing settings and listening to the music on the phone speaker. As I have heard iPhone isn't famous for a long battery life, but I've read that some people has 2-3% drop in a hour or so. I took a nap yesterday, before the battery was 78%, when I woke up it was like 70 or 72. I was sleeping just for a hour or hour and a half. As for now, I don't have any other issues with 6.1.2. What is really freaking me out is that sound quality has worsened, battery itself is quiet fine for me, but still, it could be better. Maybe I just should turn something off in the settings, I don't know. :apple:

2. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

Battery drain could be attributed to having Location Services on. If the speaker is distorting, you might have a valid service call to Apple.

3. linuxas21 thread starter macrumors member

No, location service and everything from the internet which is full of tips is off. The speaker was better on 5.1.1 and it went worse just when I updated to 6.1.2. I feel that it is because of that, also there's no such service in my country to call apple and ask them to switch the phones, I'm from Lithuania.

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Back up your iPhone (through iTunes, preferably, if you can, but also through iCloud). Then Restore your phone (in iTunes, select restore, then restore as new). Once that's finished, leave your phone like that for a bit. Browse on Safari, play some music from Youtube, etc..if things seem better, then plug your phone in again, restore, and select to restore from a backup. If everything is still working well, you're good to go.

If not, something in your backup is causing the problem. From there, it's up to you if you want to live with it, or if you want to restore as new again and just re-download your apps and set up your phone again the way you want it. Once you sign back in to your iCloud account, your contacts and Calendar events and all will be added back to your phone.

5. linuxas21 thread starter macrumors member

I did a clean factory restore like a week ago, that's when it started, after upgrade to ios 6.1.2.

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You just updated or you actually clicked restore? Did you restore from a backup?

7. linuxas21 thread starter macrumors member

I have updated it through my PC, then I decided to factory restore it and it was clean as new born baby, afterwards I have noticed a bit distorted sound quality (At the highest sound level). However when I was still on 5.1.1 it wasn't distorted I guess, or it's just my ears. I've changed my mind about the battery with 6 hours of standby and usage of 2 hours plus some music. I guess it's pretty nice.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

There have been various threads/posts about sound quality in iOS 6 (especially compared to iOS 5)--it sounds like there might have been something that has changed and could be noticeable at least to some people.

9. linuxas21 thread starter macrumors member

Ohh, so there's nothing I can do? Would any other music player help in fixing that?