a few bill questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bacong, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

First off, why does my bill cycle start on a different day than my bill is due? And secondly, what's the penalty if I'm a day late on paying my bill?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Usually your bill cycle date is five days after your due date. It is the end of your 5-day grace period to make a payment without getting a late fee. If you make your payment one day late you should be fine. Your bill isn't past due until after the bill cycle date.

3. Bacong thread starter macrumors 68000

Bacong

Hmm. My bill is due on the 15th but the new cycle starts the 22nd.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I was just quoting info from Verizon (I work for them), usually things are pretty similar. Honestly the best way to find out the reason is to ask your friend customer care rep. :) AT&T might have a seven day grace period, who knows. :eek:

5. jrlcopy macrumors 6502

jrlcopy

Pff... I pay my bill once every 2-3 months, I wait till ATT starts calling my phone and leaving me voicemails. :)

6. iOrlando macrumors 68000

well you need time to pay the bill once the month is up.

For example, if your month ends June 5, you cant expect them to demand payment by June 5 for that month. You get a period for the bill to be sent, and basically just time between when the month is up and when the payment is due.

Late fees: $5 or 1.5% of the balance unpaid as of the next bill period (depends on which state you live (just check the second page of your monthly bill..all of this info is located there).

bigger problem is your credit is harmed with late payments....