A few buying and selling questions :)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Patch^, May 7, 2007.

  1. Patch^ macrumors regular

    Mar 11, 2005
    Great Britain
    Hi all!

    It's been a long time since I have posted on here. I need some advice on a few things. Right...Basically I have an old 12" PowerBook G4 with the specs: -

    • 512MB of RAM
    • 1.33GHz G4
    • 64MB Nvidia 5200 (I think)
    • Combo Drive, which doesn't work but will upgrade to Super Drive to fix it! :)

    How much do you reckon I will get for that?

    I have a work placement coming up and I'm thinking of purchasing a MBP some time and one of my housemates has ordered a MBP and it says it won't be shipping until June 11th, but she has also ordered FinalCut Studio2 and an external HDD so I don't know if it's that causing the delay or a new MBP update :confused: Should I order one right now or just wait?

    Finally I want to buy CS3, I was thinking of waiting for the master collection in July, but I think I might get the web premium version (master collection is cheaper in the education store than web premium btw, weird eh?), but there is no student edition, so should I just get the design premium student edition?

    Cheers!!! :cool: :)
  2. ghall macrumors 68040


    Jun 27, 2006
    Rhode Island
    How old are we talking here? I think you could get somewhere between $400 to $800 for it, depending on it's condition, age, etc.
  3. Patch^ thread starter macrumors regular

    Mar 11, 2005
    Great Britain

    I think I bought it in 2004, might of been 2003 can't remember :confused: The overall condition is fairly good, little scuffs here and there (on the bottom). I think there is a slight dent on the battery "lip" bit, but seems to work perfectly etc.

    Also just wanted to add not sure if I should upgrade to superdrive or just replace it with a combo drive.

  4. jng macrumors 65816


    Apr 6, 2007
    Put a feeler thread in the Marketplace. I wouldn't update the drive. Just see what you'll fetch for it as is. When you sell it, give it options, like: base: $600, +$100 for combo, +$200 for superdrive (includes installation fees) or something. Btw those numbers are random.
  5. theLimit macrumors 6502a


    Jan 30, 2007
    up tha holler, acrost tha crick
    About a dozen of the 1.5GHz 12" PBs sold on eBay this weekend for well over $800. The 867MHz and 1.0GHz models were going for $500-$700.

Share This Page