A few Calendar questions

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Floris, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Pretty new to calendars, because they've been a pain in the past. But it's more and more to my liking, and other apps play game a bit more too.

I have older ones like friendsBirthdays and hobbyStuff
    And newer ones like Birthdays and Home and Hobby.

How can I, on ios or on osx, merge them into 1 calendar that syncs over iCloud?
    I can't seem to figure this out, either it is simply not possible, or its simple and im overlooking the obvious.

Secondly, is there a way perhaps to set some preferences? Each thing I add requires a 'day before reminder' or ' give me an alarm for this stuff' or any of that sorta stuff.

Anyway, I hope you guys can help me get started in using calendar a bit more productive. :)

2. niji macrumors 6502a

niji

hi

this is how i merge mac os calendars

1 back up your individual calendars by exporting each one individually to the desktop

2 delete the calendar that you want to merge with the one not deleted

3 import the appropriate calendar you exported to the desktop
    when you import it, it will ask if you want to create a new calendar or to merge it into an existing one.

4 merge it into your existing calendar

alerts:
    maybe i don't understand your question correctly, but on the 3rd tab of mac os calendar preferences there is a way to set the default advance alerts for birthdays, all day events, and timed events.

thanks