A Few Flaws in the new WiFi Music Store feature

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by heatwave, Sep 28, 2007.

1. heatwave macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if anyone's fully tested/played with the new WiFi iTunes app on their phones or not, but I have and have, so far, noticed two flaws already:

1) Hypothetic Scenario: Let me look up some random artist XYZ. Go to Search, punch the name in, content shows up, browse around for an album, spot a song, preview it, "nice, this is good. let's buy it", click buy, song downloads. You get a new black arrow button up top on the right to take you to the Purchased songs playlist inside the iPod app. Click it, goes to iPod, click and play the song. Good Stuff! Let's go back and buy some more of this album, Click home, go back to WiFi iTunes, back to the Search screen -- except it's blank again! Crap, what album was it? Go back to iPod, look it up, album name/artist name whatever, go back to WiFi again, search it AGAIN and so on and so forth.

Pardon the terrible grammar, was basically thinking out loud.
    Anyone have the same experience? It would seem logical (or just a decent feature) that coming back into the app, search would either show your last search, OR have a History feature similar to the one in Safari on the phone.

2) This one seems more like a bug. Songs purchased on the phone will/can end up on the phone TWICE, AFTER you sync up with your host machine.
    I purchased an album on the phone, synced up to iTunes on my machine, I see a new playlist under the STORE sidebar heading in iTunes "Purchased on [myname]'s Phone", songs transfer fine to the machine, then I see the songs getting re-transfered back to the iPhone!? Even though they don't necessary fall into any of the playlists I have chosen for syncing to the iPhone. Looking at the storage bar/graph thing for the phone, I can see that it just took (say the album takes a 100mb of space) another 100megs of space.

I had to uncheck the "Purchased" playlist from the iPhone sync list in iTunes, click Apply and watch it free up 200mb of space!

Can someone else give this a shot and see what happens?

2. GTiPhone macrumors regular

I fail to see how either are "bugs". Search cache clearing is typical and good. Your mistake for syncing two playlists with the same song.

It would behuve you to change the title of this thread to something appropriate.

3. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

It doesn't look like you can choose between 128 or 256kbs with itunes wifi store. Lame. Correct me if I'm wrong.