A few from Frankenmuth Ballon festival May-2012

mtbdudex

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
A few from Frankenmuth Ballon festival May-2012.
My 3 kids are old enough now we could stay for the nite glow, which was pretty neat to see.
Official site: http://frankenmuthriverplace.com/balloons

My images, all shot with T1i + 15-85mm lens (my walkaround lens):

Last edited:

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
I saw these photos and instantly thought of the iPhone 4S sample photo.

(I just noticed that the thumbnail is upside down)
I also thought of Up! xD

Due to the balloons being deflated, #1 seems to give a feeling that the picture itself is crooked when it's perfectly level. It's a little distracting for me.
#2 is good. I'd like a little more saturation to bring out the colors. The splash of rainbow against the blue sky makes for a great contrast.
#3, #4 and #5 seem a little overexposed by the flames. You could darken them in PP easily.
I love #6. Well framed, nice details, good color.

Comment

mtbdudex

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
Due to the balloons being deflated, #1 seems to give a feeling that the picture itself is crooked when it's perfectly level. It's a little distracting for me.
#2 is good. I'd like a little more saturation to bring out the colors. The splash of rainbow against the blue sky makes for a great contrast.
#3, #4 and #5 seem a little overexposed by the flames. You could darken them in PP easily.
I love #6. Well framed, nice details, good color.
I agree with you comments on #2, I'll add some slight saturation/vibrancy to bring up the colors.
edit - here it is:

Yea, #3-5 night glow has such a wide dynamic range, it is what it is, some overexposure by the bright flames.
Guess I accepted that w/o trying PP, from prior experience I had trouble blending the area when doing PP...I might re-visit.

#6, can I say it was HOT taking those, right next to the dual flames.
This was best of a bunch I took, the guy who owned the ballon was getting into flamming his ballon for me.

Last edited:
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.