A few iMovie/iDVD questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ajo, Apr 8, 2009.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

How can I get the best quality video? In the past in different programs I have made the movie into an .avi and then imported that file into a DVD program is this the best thing to do? The quality settings on iMovie and iDVD are a little confusing.

Also, is there a way that you can fit the finished DVD to disk, im sure I have seen this in the past, this would in some cases achieve the best it can do depending on the disc size.

On my finished product, the menus (made in iDVD) are a little jumpy, would burning the disc at a lower speed make it easier for DVD players to handle the DVD. Also, while we are on the menu.... I set music to it, but it would loop acording do the looping on the menus, is there a way to make the audio play through even though the menu/images are looping?

I have also mixed video and images in the movie, the photos don’t really look great, I made a Ken Burns type slide show which is separate to the movie and that looks not bad, but the actual images that are within the movie pan quite badly and aren’t as sharp as I would have hoped. Is there something I need to do differently on this?

Just thought also, when importing on iMovie 09 is the quality not so good, I have heard that the best is iMovie 06. Is there any truth in this?

Sorry this is all quite long

ajo

2. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

Shul I break this up into seperate posts.

Maybe il get a reply easier that way?