All iPads A few iPad questions

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bravia3d, May 4, 2017.

1. Bravia3d macrumors member

Hey guys,

My wife is wanting either a new laptop or an iPad. She mostly will be using it for Microsoft Excel and Word.

My question is, is it pretty much like the Windows version and could she transfer files back and forth from Windows to iPad and iPad to Windows? "For instance, would the iPad open Excel files that were made in Windows?

Also, is there a way to connect a DVD burner to the ipad and burn CD's and DVD's?

2. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

I store my files on Dropbox for seamless syncing between Windows and iOS (it has to be Office 2007 or newer format to be able to edit with Excel and Word for iOS).

I regularly edit Excel spreadsheets created on Windows on the iPad. Caveat, the iOS version isn't as full featured (e.g. can't create Pivot Tables on iOS, but you can create them on Windows and they'll work on iOS).

Nope.

3. Bravia3d thread starter macrumors member

4. gobikerider macrumors 68000

gobikerider

Although the iPad may be slightly more limited I think for a less savvy user its the ideal option due to the simplicity of it all and solid performance that wont bog down over the years, oh and no malware or virus worries.