Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daleanthony

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
I'm quite happy with my new iPhone at the moment, was lucky enough to get a 16gb model, however there are a few issues, not sure if it's normal or just me that has the problems.

1. I seem to have the yellow screen tint which everyone is talking about, tried a restore didn't seem to do much
2. The right side of my screen doesn't seem to be level with the metal around the edge when I'm flicking through photos my finger 'bumps' over the metal, it doesnt seem to do this on the right hand side, anyone else have this?
3. Again, not sure if it's just me but in some places the phone seems to lag, especially while scrolling and selecting contacts and typing SMS. It's also locked up several times in some apps.

So yeah, are these all normal problems? I could probably live with them but if I'm not supposed to have these issues then I might consider returning the phone and asking if they will replace it, do you think they would do this?

macman4291

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2006
I'm quite happy with my new iPhone at the moment, was lucky enough to get a 16gb model, however there are a few issues, not sure if it's normal or just me that has the problems.

1. I seem to have the yellow screen tint which everyone is talking about, tried a restore didn't seem to do much
2. The right side of my screen doesn't seem to be level with the metal around the edge when I'm flicking through photos my finger 'bumps' over the metal, it doesnt seem to do this on the right hand side, anyone else have this?
3. Again, not sure if it's just me but in some places the phone seems to lag, especially while scrolling and selecting contacts and typing SMS. It's also locked up several times in some apps.

So yeah, are these all normal problems? I could probably live with them but if I'm not supposed to have these issues then I might consider returning the phone and asking if they will replace it, do you think they would do this?

Replace it take it back if you cant correct the Screen issue, they should have a problem with that

Macjames

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2007
Yorkshire, England
Hi

1. I have the yellow screen tint on my new 8gb 3G, but side by side with my old iphone (both full brightness) the colors are much brighter on the yellow tinted 3G than the blue tinted 1st gen. The difference is much more noticeable and it makes the 1st gen seem much duller in color. Honestly i freaked when i first saw the yellow tint and much preferred the old 1st gen screen but after a while the colors seemed much more vibrant on the yellow tinted 3g so unless there is a very heavy yellow tint dont worry.

2. Yes mine is very slighty raised but until you mentioned i'd never noticed!

3. I have had no lag at all.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
I've got a lot of lag too. Also have the metal ridges but they are present on my original iPhone too.

EDIT: Comparing the screens, I definitely have the yellow too, but whereas I had been wondering today if my 3G screen was a little dim, in comparing it just now the my original iPhone's screen, this new screen is MUCH brighter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.