A few jailbreaking questions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ajo, Jun 19, 2010.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

Ive got a few questions so im sorry if I go on, im just gona type as I think.

Ive got a 3GS (older model) which is running 3.1.2 jailbroken through blackra!n

I havnt yet upgraded to 3.1.3 as I am unsure about jailbreaking this. Is it possible, if so how as I would like to upgrade?

My shsh are on file (can someone explain what this actually means)

Do I have to upgrade to 3.1.3 before I put on iOS4, and then will iOS4 be jailbreakable once I have upgraded?

If I ever sell my phone, I will reset everything so it is like new, this goes back to my question about what having my shsh on file means. Will this cause any problems?

Thanks

ajo

2. Davvido macrumors regular

Davvido

You can now install custom iOS 3.1.3 (search for PwnageTool 3.1.5). Don't update to fresh IPSW - use custom one, because jailbroken iOS 3.1.2 is the key (you can only install custom IPSW if you're on jailbroken iOS 3.1.2). "SHSHs on file" means that you're able to install iOS 3.1.2 even if it's not the last version. Without SHSHs on file people can install only the newest one (v3.1.3 at the moment). You don't have to update to v3.1.3 if you want to install iOS 4. Nay, you should stay at v3.1.2 (jailbroken), because there is a risk that PwnageTool won't be able to create custom IPSW that will work on an unpwned device. And the last thing - if you restore your iOS in iTunes, everything will go to its default state, and SHSHs do not matter.