Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paetrick

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
I have a few questions about the new macbook, I would be glad if someone could answer them :rolleyes:

I know the CPUs on macs gets waay higher than on other *pc* laptops (from my experiance anyway). Does it feel hot when ur using it? on a lap or whatever?

Is there still very bad support in windows? I tried bootcamp on my mac mini a while ago and the fan got crazy, high temps and the fan isnt going higher than 1000rpm.. I want to be able to use windows without breaking the macbook, or melting it.

Is the fan as annoying as the mac mini one? very quiet when its quiet but when it goes up to 3000rpm the noise is veeery annoying. And as flash support isnt that great on the mac it takes loads of CPU power, will I get annoyed on the fan all the time?

And the last q, is it a good idea to invest in an apple pc right now? steve is dying, all developers are going to iphone because of more profit, os x is gonna die? ... no just kidding..
:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

JG271

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
UK
Having owned a mini and now currently owning a white macbook, i can tell you that the fan is a bit more bearable on the macbook. I can't say about windows because I don't use it, its generally fine when being used on a lap though - that said I havn't had it running more than an hour on my lap.

... and of course, it is always a good time to invest in a mac. Why wouldn't it be? OSX isn't going anywhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.