A few minor problems with Leopard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hexonxonx, Mar 10, 2008.

1. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Hi all

I noticed a few minor bugs since upgrading to Leopard one week ago. I never had these problems with Tiger. Actually, this is not an upgrade, I did a full restore and install with Leopard.

I never turn off my MBP, I just put it to sleep. Twice now in this week of using Leopard, opening the laptop, the display won't turn on. I have to put it sleep again, then the display will come on. Any fix for this?

The other problem is with the pointer. Upon waking the laptop, the pointer was jerky. Free memory was down to about 884MB, so I closed a few apps such as Handbrake and iTunes. Free memory jumped up to over 1GB. Pointer movement was still jerky. I had to reboot to fix this problem.

Memory management seems to be different with Leopard now and I never had a single problem with Tiger in 7 months that I have owned the MBP.

I can go tonight and get some more ram tonight if that would help, it still has the 2GB that it came with. Thanks for any ideas.

2. SoLibertyDies macrumors regular

I'm running 2GB on a Core Duo MBP and I've had none of the problems you're talking about. you may want to try a reinstall as it sounds like its a bad install.

I haven't had to restart my computer in probably 3 weeks. although usually when I'm running handbrake I leave it to itself because it's such a memory hog.

I really don't think it's a lack of ram issue especially with the display not coming back up. are you by chance hooked up to an external monitor? sometimes my display goes funny in that case but I can't think of any other reason for it.

3. BowZinger macrumors member

do a search for you issues has been discussed a lot lately!

4. hexonxonx thread starter macrumors 601

Yeah, I just saw the long thread about the wake up problem 10 minutes after I posted. Thanks