A few newb questions that i cant find answeres for

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by scottd1975, Aug 25, 2008.

1. scottd1975 macrumors member

How do i add a photo folder on my itunes under my device part?

Can i add folders to my touch for pictures that i dont want others to see that are protected or hidden?

Is there a way just to drag and drop items on the itunes program?

Also what kind of video files with itunes convert?

2. Dudeman486 macrumors member

if you're using a mac, the touch should sync automatically with iphoto. i don't know the program you're using if you're on windows but i can't imagine the syncing to be much different.

as for adding folders to the touch, that is a no-can-do, as apple doesn't allow that much customization. you could make different folders in your photo application, but whatever pictures you wanted hidden would just show up in the main library, so i don't see an easy workaround on that one.

by dragging and dropping, i assume you are dragging media from itunes into your touch. that can be done by enabling manual syncing with your ipod touch, and dragging whatever you want to it.

itunes will convert most common video files (i think excluding ogg and a few others) to mp4. you can also play avi files but i don't think itunes will convert files to avi. beware, converting in itunes is a long and cpu-intensive process, so be prepared for that.

have fun with your touch! it's an awesome device.

3. scottd1975 thread starter macrumors member

I found a great video convertor and I read by jailbreaking your touch you can hide folders. is there a good diy for jailbreaking then hidding the folders.