A few nit-picky questions: Headphone Jack and Home button

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Espilon38, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Espilon38 macrumors newbie

If you think people complaining about the light leaks etc. on the new iPod Touch is odd, wait till you read this. ;)

I have noticed on the 4th gen iPod Touch that the headphone seems stick out of the metal casing, at least on mine it does. I'm sure it's just cause it's so thin, but it bugs me not having everything flush, except for the buttons of course. Even when looking at it straight on, I can see the black plastic of the jack. Anyone else noticing this?

Secondly, the "Home" button seems.... crooked. It works just fine, but it's not parallel with the rest of he unit. Imagine the rounded square titled to the right a little. Again, I suffer from a small OCD so it bothers me little. I have tried using a sticky piece of plastic rap and pressing and twisted it back into place, but then it just turns back. Any ideas? Thanks ahed of time. ^_^

P.S. This is my first iPod Touch, please be nice.

2. Link2999 macrumors 6502

Headphone thing is normal on every iPod, it's just the design of the device, has been since the second generation. I would prefer it just all went in, but it's not like you can do anything about it and it's a result of the thing being as thin as it is. The Home Button thing is the same way on one of my first generations, doesn't really bug me too much (really OCD too), but I notice it once and awhile. What bugs me more is the sensitivity of the home button (some have a louder click than others). I would try to ignore the home button thing if that's the only problem with it, as if you were to return it, I could almost guarantee numerous other issues with the next (I'm on my 7th iPod 4th gen currently with small light leaks and a slight discoloration on the top-left portion of my screen).

3. Espilon38 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I too have the light leak problem, but because I can only see it low light conditions at certain angles, it doesn't bother me. Go figure. To each his own I guess. Edit: Whether it is fortunate for me or not, my home button is really quiet compared to my friend's.

4. citizenal macrumors regular

I too see a black plastic sticking out of my headphone jack.. It's so small, and you can barely feel it when you run your fingernail over it. No light leakage, or over heating or battery issues, so i'll let it slide. :D

5. battlekid macrumors regular

Meh. I don't care about my headphone jack. BUT, I hate the stupid home button.... My 3Gen was better button wise :D! Meh. I still like my $$$ :apple: iPod.... Greenpois0n coming on sunday!