A few noob questions about using Spirit and iPod touch...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by maf2k8, May 14, 2010.

1. maf2k8 macrumors 6502

Ok so i just got a new 32gb 3gen touch and i am interested in jailbreaking it.

I use to own a iPhone 3GS that i jailbreaked with Blackrain but once i did, i would NEVER sync it with iTunes because i thought i would have issues or something would happen?

I already have it setup with my music, apps, pics, etc in iTunes on my Macbook.

Now, With that said. I believe i have to do a restore, which will wipe everything if i am not mistaken, ok not a problem.

Questions...

1) Once i restore it, then jailbreak it, Will i be able to go into iTunes and sync all my apps, pics, music, etc without any issues? ( since its jailbroken i am not sure if iTunes will allow me to sync? will it? )

2) Can i still purchase apps thru itunes as i normally would?

3) Is there anything "Different" i have to do once i jailbreak the touch? Can i just simply sync with itunes like a i always do, delete, edit and add stuff, etc, etc...

4) are there any NEGATIVES or KNOWN ISSUES about the Spirit jailbreak that i should know about?

Thanks for your help!

2. JCartwright31 macrumors newbie

1) iTunes sync should be fine, in all my times of jailbreaking I've never had a problem with syncing (except that time when iTunes thought my iPod touch was an iPhone, but that's neither here nor there)

2) The official App Store is not affected in any way

3) Nothing different, as far as I know.

4) No problems affecting OS X that I know of.

Oh, BTW, you don't have to do a restore with Spirit, it's like blackra1n.

3. max¥¥ macrumors 6502a

yeh, you don't need restore if you haven't already jailbroken