A few notes on my try-on appointment (with pics)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Staindsoul, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Staindsoul, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015

Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

I was sure I wanted a SS Apple Watch leading up to launch. I changed to 42mm Silver Sport the day prior. In my case, I am happy I did. Here are a few comments.

- I tried on both the SS Apple Watch and SG Sport. Fit and finish are superb on both. Both are extremely light. I do not understand some of the comments I have read about the SS being heavy.

- 42mm looks huge in pics. It definitely is not too big. Much smaller in person.

- Bands: I tried on the Sport, Milanese and Stone Leather Loop. My favorite was the Sport. It does not feel like a cheap rubber band at all. "Buttery smooth" would describe it. The Milanese and Leather loop were both nice... but I don't know about $150 nice. Looking at price value alone the Sport is by far the best band.

- I rotate weekly a Tag Heuer, Hamilton and Oris automatic watch. Ultimately I do not need another SS watch. Big reason why I went with the Sport. If I didn't have other watches I might have gone SS. Also, I had concerns this being a Gen 1 product, didn't want to spend a lot. Anyone that currently wears a mechanical watch will be surprised how light the Apple Watch is.

- Fun fact: The Apple employee insisted my 5 year old son try on the 38mm Sport as well. Props to the Apple Southlake, TX store.

*Edit - No idea why the thumbnail shows the pics sideways. When I click on them they are properly oriented.

Attached Files:

2. Staindsoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

More pics

Attached Files:

3. ttexxan macrumors regular

I tried on mine at Southlake Store as well. Very Nice guys there. I just thought the sport edition felt cheap and look like a knock off. IM glad spent the extra money on the Stainless still. If anything for resale value. It will bring more later down the line

4. Staindsoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

Actually, if the watch is like other Apple products the higher then MSRP the more it depreciates. Look at used 128GB iPads for example.

5. Cubeeless macrumors regular

Cubeeless

I was also at the try-on today and I was amazed. The experience is just one to nothing compared to other stores. I'm really glad I ordered the SS version though..

6. Che Castro macrumors 603

7. Staindsoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

Haha. That's a big fat NO.

8. Staindsoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

Oddly they did not have a single 42mm Silver Sport to try on. Only 38mm. Any other stores that way?