A few OS X partition-reinstall questions.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by klymr, Aug 4, 2008.

1. klymr macrumors 65816

I saw that this has been asked before, and recently, but I have a few more questions than what others have asked. Anyway, I just got an external hard drive of the 500GB flavor, and I want to move my iTunes library off my MBP and over to that drive. Is that even possible to do and have it still play from that drive?

Also, I have a 25GB Windows partition on here that I CANNOT loose. It has some expensive software on it that can't be deactivated. I called the software company to have them deactivate it once so I could use the software on the computer at work, but they told me it wasn't possible, so they gave us another activation code for my work computer. So, is it possible to just reformat the Leopard partition without it touching the Windows side? Do I just put the Leopard disc in and boot from that and then run the disk utility from there? Sorry if these are dumb questions, I just don't do this often enough. Anyway, thanks for any help you can give!

2. klymr thread starter macrumors 65816

Can I repeat myself here? It has been 2 months with NO reply. Anyone have any suggestions?

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

1. That's absolutely possible.
    iTunes > Preferences > Advanced > iTunes music folder location > browse where you did copy the music folder on your external drove

2. Yes, it's possible. During boot up just select the volume you want to install Leopard to. But make a back up first (of your Windows partition).