A few pre-purchase questions about the iPhone 4...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by majordude, Aug 2, 2010.

1. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

I have a 3G.

One of the most irritating things about it is that the speaker phone volume is too low. Some of my friends' phones are super loud like a real desk phone is. Before you say I have a defective 3G... this is my second and the first was the same way as well.

Q: Is the iPhone 4 speaker any louder than the 3G?
    Q: Is the antenna issue real or are just a few squeaky wheels driving the conversation?
    Q: I think I heard Steve say there was a trial period? I could try it and take it back if it sucks?

2. dockingbay94 macrumors regular

dockingbay94

1. Seems about the same to me, maybe a tad louder.
    2. I can make it happen, but it never effects my usage. My signal is better than my 3Gs or 3G ever was. I still get dropped calls, but they are definitely less.
    3. 30 return policy with no restocking fee as long as it is not damaged.

3. Robby C macrumors regular

Robby C

1: I've heard it's louder, but I have no say on this. That is because I do not own an iPhone 4, not yet at least.
    2: It is an "issue" affecting all iPhones. However, with the iPhone 4s I've played with, none have shown it to be a true problem. That is, the bars will go down, but not so much to drop a call. Personally I feel as though the Proximity sensor issue is a much bigger problem that needs to be addressed. As with that though, on the iPhones I've tested and used it didn't seem to be a problem.
    3: Yes, you have 30 days to use the phone. If you decide at any point within that 30 day trial that you do not like the phone, you can return it without a restocking fee and your upgrade will be put back on the line you used to upgrade to the iPhone 4.

Hope I answered your questions ;)

4. Kinkade macrumors member

1. Yes. I compared my iPhone 4 speakers to me friends 3Gs. Not a big difference, but it is noticeable.
    2. Depends on who you ask. In my opinion there is no problem. In fact I get far les dropped calls then with my old iPhone even though the way I hold my phone, my finger sits on the exact spot everyone claims is the cause.
    3. Apple store will let you return it within 30 days with no restocking fee.