A few problems, I think

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by SBradford, Jul 20, 2011.

1. SBradford macrumors member

I just installed Lion and I really like it. however, I think I have a few problems.

For some reason Launch Pad shows apps that I uninstalled a few weeks ago(TF2 and CS:S)
    Secondly, I can seem to understand the swiping left and right with three fingers, does it replace spaces? If so how do I set it up? I try to open new apps but they are just opening in the same space.

Thanks

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

I feel your pain with spaces. Is there any way to enable multiple desktops in Lion?

I can line up a bunch of full screen apps side by side but can't make multiple desktops with multiple windows :(

3. DagazaGZ macrumors regular

DagazaGZ

Go to the System Preferences and then Mission Control as well as the Mouse System Preference. Play around there until you find a setting that works for you.

4. SBradford thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I figured out my first problem, Steam saved the apps to a different place.
    With the 2nd, I can't really see many apps with full screen feature (just chrome and safari atm)
    I hope Chrome update to make us of the smooth zooming and 2 fingers back and fourth.

5. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

I'm trying to figure out how to set up spaces too. I'm not seeing anything that I can take advantage of the three finger swiping left and right.

Edit: I used to use three finger swipe left and right as back and forward buttons in my browser. Currently it isn't working. I even set the "spaces" switching to four finger swiping.

6. SBradford thread starter macrumors member

Apparently it only works with full screen apps, but so far I can only see 2 full screen apps (Safari and Chrome)

7. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

How about the three finger swipe to go back and forward on the browser?

8. SBradford thread starter macrumors member

It only works with Safari

9. polkunus macrumors member

Uh no? You can change the "swipe between pages" to "three fingers" and it'll work on chrome absolutely fine

10. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I personally would rather swipe between tabs than swipe back and forward in history. If I am on a page, say Mac OS X 10.7 Lion threads at MR, and I want to see a thread, I open it in a new tab. That way when I'm done looking at it and want to go back to the thread list, I just close that tab. Never been a big fan of back and forward buttons in browsers. You have to wait for the page to reload. Unless Safari caches the pages so that isn't an issue.