A few problems, please help me with CleanMyMac.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Stormraven, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Stormraven macrumors newbie

I use a program called 'CleanMyMac' and I've got a few questions, when I run the cleaning feature, under the 'User Cache Files' I have these two entries:

http://d.imagehost.org/view/0310/CM_Capture_1
    http://d.imagehost.org/view/0105/CM_Capture_2

If you notice, there's a red box on the left of that entry, is it ok to clear those two entries? because every time i click on the red boxes it says:

'Removing gray-listed items may result in unexpected behaviour of some applications'

I want to know what to do with these entries as they seem pretty important, can someone help me please?

Kind Regards

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I haven't found much via Google, but it seems that removing
    [​IMG]
    would stop the ATSserver:
    Deleting [​IMG] wouldn't free you that much HDD or SSD capacity.

Why do you have the need to run CMM in the first place?

And just so you know: CleanMyMac cleaned too much

3. Stormraven, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2010

Stormraven thread starter macrumors newbie

Broken Preferences

I use a programs called 'CleanMyApp'. Every time I use this program it says I have broken preferences, every single time I scan:

http://d.imagehost.org/view/0209/CM_Capture_3

Every time I clean the broken preferences and do a re-scan, they just re-appear. Why is this, and how can I fix the broken preferences ones and for all? My computer has been running slow recently so could this be why?

Can someone help me out please?

Kind Regards.

MOD NOTE: Threads merged. Please only one thread per issue.

4. Stormraven thread starter macrumors newbie

It just cleans a lot of crap from my computer, app language packs, etc. I know they won't free up that much space but I'm just wondering why those two options were in red and if it was ok to clear and what would happen if i did.

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

closest thing to malware or a virus to Macs are things like CMM ... why do people fall for these type of programs when they just are not needed?:cool:

6. Stormraven thread starter macrumors newbie

How did you work that one out???

I've saved GB's and GB's of space by removing the extra and un-needed language packs from different applications and I just find it good for removing un-nesessary stuff like that really.

7. Greka macrumors newbie

CleanMyMac Support

The gray-listed items in the Cache module of CleanMyMac usually belong to some regularly-used cache files, which is why it is either useless to clean it or, it may affect some minor settings of the apps they are related to.

Nothing 'fatal' will happen if you do clean them, however, these items do not usually use that much space and I'd advise to just ignore them.