a few problems..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Patch^, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Patch^ macrumors regular

Hi all,

got my mackbook pro SR 2.2 yesterday and it's great no yellow tint and the entire enclosure and keyboard seems good to. But I think Im getting a few problems with the sleep and boot on it. (And thanks iW00t for the screen calibration!)

Sometimes when I open it from sleep it will lock up or when I boot it will just stay on the apple screen. I did install windows Xp on a partition. Do you think it could be something to do with that?

The sleep/boot issues don't seem to be occurring at the moment, so it could just be fine now. Just wanted to know if it was a common problem and if there was a way to fix it.

Cheers.

2. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I've heard that lots of people have the same problem when they partition for XP. I've never done it and have never had any problems on my MBP so I would say it has to do with the XP. (Side note: On my Dell laptop, it would almost never wake up when it was asleep in XP. I would always have to hard restart.)

Also when you boot, make sure you don't have an external drive plugged in. Mine always tries to boot off the external first--haven't figured out how to change that--and it just sits and sits and sits until I remember to unplug it.