A Few Question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Feng Shui, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Feng Shui macrumors regular

Hello everyone, I am new to the forums. I've made my mind to purchase a macbook as soon as the next major update occurs. But seeing some hardware, like the printers I use, are not compatible with OS X, I'll have to use boot camp to install windows in order to use them. This leads to a few questions that I currently have:

1. The macbook only has one clicker to do basically the left clicks on OS X. So how will the clicker work in windows? How do you do a left click and a right click in windows?

2. Can I access the OS X portion of the hard drive from Windows? Because I am going to use OS X most of the time, most of the files will be saved in the OS X portion of the hard drive. So, will I be able to access those files on Windows, from the other portion of the hard drive?

Those are the only questions in mind right now. Thanks for your time!

2. wedge234 macrumors member

at least to answer question 1, mighty mice actually have two buttons, it just looks like one. You should have no problems there.

3. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

Hey, welcome. :)

You're right, the button only does the left click. However, in Mac OS X you can tap the trackpad with your finger and it will left click too. To do a right click, you tap it with two fingers at the same time.

In Windows, it works a little bit differently - the 'tap to click' doesn't work completely yet, but you can put two fingers on the trackpad and press the button. This will make it right click.

As for accessing your OS X partition, there's a program called MacDrive which allows you to use it when in Windows.

4. szsiddiq macrumors 6502

szsiddiq

If you use Parallels desktop to run windows, you can tap with 2 fingers for the right click and access you mac files worry free :)
    I love it!