A few questions about iTunes.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Maccleduff, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Maccleduff macrumors regular

Hi all im new to itunes, a bit late i know, but ive been using winamp before but wanted to try out itunes.

My questions are:

1- in cover flow is there an option that allows you to flip the cover to see the album track names ( like in iphone? ) , this would be useful for when i am browsing fullscreen.

2- itunes made a library out of my mp3s, but the covers dont appear on most of them. They are sorted by folder and the album covers are in each folder , usually named folder.jpg or cover.jpg. Is there a way of getting itunes to look for these covers in each folder?
    If I have to use iTunes to search for cover art , where will it save it?

3- if I export my iTunes library does it basically copy all the mp3s and put into a Library file? example being if I export an iTunes library on one computer and then import it on iTunes on a different computer it should all work? And will this work from Mac>PC or PC>Mac

Sorry if these questions seem a bit funny, im kinda new to the whole iTunes way of things :)

p.s. I am using iTunes 7.4.1 for windows, but will be using it for mac soon hence my question 3

Thanks!

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

1. No, stupidly on Apple's part. I don't think they wanted two Front Row's...

3. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

You can batch select the files you want to update with a piece of art, right-click to 'Get Info', and paste the artwork (or drag and drop it from Preview, or whatever) into the 'artwork' pane.

4. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

1. No, sadly. Would be really cool.

2. At least on a Mac the cover art folder is in the itunes folder. iTunes sets a reference file with the song to tell what .jpg or .png to use.

3. If I remember correctly yes it will. I have always just copied all songs and the library file when transferring.