A few questions about Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tennismanclay, Oct 19, 2007.

1. tennismanclay macrumors regular

tennismanclay

I had a few questions about Leopard that i hope some of you might be able to answer.

1. Im planning on doing a archive and install, i think. anyways i was wondering how easy it was to do it. I just put the CD in, restart and hold something and a step by step process of installing leopard?

2. Will my third party apps that ive downloaded work after i install leopard?

3. In iChat, say i want to show off my photos to a friend who's running tiger, or share my screen with him or vise versa, will those features work with a person running tiger? and im guessing it wont work with panther (grandparents).

4. Has anyone tested the screen sharing feature in iChat, is it very laggy?

5. Using iChat, can i screen share with a person running AIM on a mac, or does that person have to be running iChat. Also, what about a person running AIM on a windows, can he share his screen with me through iChat??

6. I hate the Leopard folder icons.

7. In the finder screen sharing, if i want to connect to a computer on my network and use that computers screen, when i hit screen share, am i just prompted with a username and pass?

i have many other question i cant think of right now, but i will add them when i remember.

thx guys

-tennisman

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Haven't actually used Leopard myself yet, but several of these questions have easy answers:

Yes, that's basically all there is to it. I have zero reason to believe Leopard will be any different from previous versions, which all work that way.

There may be a few exceptions (system tweaks, in particular, probably need updating), but yes--most if not all apps should just work.

I doubt you'll be able to see their screen, but I don't know the final answer.

The icon-changing system hacks will no doubt be updated for Leopard, at which point you can install one and "fix" this.