A Few Questions about mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CrazyScott, Feb 13, 2009.

1. CrazyScott macrumors member

CrazyScott

Hello,

I was using mail a while back and there was a few things that i didn't like about it so i switch to thunderbird. I realized that i really don't like thunderbird that much either. Before i would switch back to mac mail i wanna know if anybody can answer my questions, here they are:

1. When i was using mail it wouldn't downloaded the mail off the server it would just make a copy in mail. So i had to go into the webmail and delete it. Is there anyway to make mail download the mail.

2. Is there a way to get news groups in mail. If not doesn't anybody know if there is a good program for news groups...

thanks
    Cheers,
    Scott

2. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

what mail service are you using? i used gmail (IMAP) with mail and i did not have to go into the webmail to clean out my inbox

3. CrazyScott thread starter macrumors member

CrazyScott

its a university e-mail and when i use thunderbird it doesn't happen just with mail for some reason

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I believe there is an advanced option in POP setup to delete the mail from the server upon download.

5. CrazyScott thread starter macrumors member

CrazyScott

i got it. There a setting in the preference that say how long to wait before deleting them from the server

6. CrazyScott thread starter macrumors member

CrazyScott

thanks!!! :):):)

7. CrazyScott thread starter macrumors member

CrazyScott

Now does anybody know about the news server on mail

8. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Mail will do RSS feeds, but it wont do newsgroups. I know there are newsgroup reader apps out there but I don't know anything about them.