A few questions about my mbp battery not charging...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Edwardz, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Edwardz macrumors regular

Hello
    My mbp is always being charged and I usually use it as a desktop rather than a mobile notebook. Even though it's always being charged, it started to stay at only 98% and didn't go up to 100%. Now it is staying at 97%. I'm a little fearful of that. Would not charging the battery connector straight into an electrical outlet on my wall be a problem? I use a 5-way connector thing that I plug my charger into and then that plugs into my electrical outlet. I don't know if that would be a problem, but that's more information to help you help me. Thanks if any suggestions.

Happy Holidays.

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

This is normal. If you were to unplug your MBP and use it until it was mostly drained down and then plug it back in, it would charge right back up to 100%. Your MBP is just preventing the battery from being overcharged.

3. Edwardz thread starter macrumors regular

Oh really? Okay, thank you. That makes me feel less stressed about that. Appreciate it.

4. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Yup. The threshold is 95%. If your battery dips below that, it will recharge back up to 100%.

FYI, you should periodically calibrate your battery to ensure that it gives you accurate battery life estimates. Here's MR's guide on the subject. :)

5. Edwardz thread starter macrumors regular