A few questions before I jailbreak.......

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sers, Jun 18, 2010.

1. sers macrumors regular

I've got an iPhone 3g with 3.1.3 that I want to jailbreak (Modem Firmware 05.12.0), the main reason being I want to tether my iPhone to my future iPad using Mywi. I'm currently using iTunes 9.1.1. I've done my research, but still have a few questions that I hope can be answered here.

1) Out of all the jailbreak methods available, Spirit jailbreak seems to be the easiest. Is there anything else I should look at?

2) I will back my phone up with iTunes before jailbreaking, but will I lose all my data after jailbreaking or will everything still be there?

3) Can I still sync my phone with iTunes after jailbreaking?

4) Am I correct in assuming that I can get Mywi from Cydia?

5) If I decide at any time that I don't want a jailbroken iPhone, can I restore my phone back to 3.1.3 via iTunes?

Sorry for all the questions, but I appreciate any answers you can give me.

2. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

Yes, Spirit is the easiest jailbreak I've ever done.

Your data will be safe. If you need to you can restore to your old data from backup.

Yup.

Yup.

Yup.

No problem. We all had these questions at one time.

3. r.steve macrumors newbie

Let me answer your parts of questions based on my experience; however, you can find answer after searching around this forum or google.

1. Yes, I think Spirit, I think the simplest way, but, I found one time error (not success to JB) from five times JB-ing. May be due to my mistake.
    2. I have no experience about this.
    3. Yes.
    4. Hmm I don't know.
    5. Yes, you can. But be careful if your iPhone is software unlocked.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

1) Out of all the jailbreak methods available, Spirit jailbreak seems to be the easiest. Is there anything else I should look at?

quick and easy Spirit

2) I will back my phone up with iTunes before jailbreaking, but will I lose all my data after jailbreaking or will everything still be there?

yes

3) Can I still sync my phone with iTunes after jailbreaking?
    yes
    4) Am I correct in assuming that I can get Mywi from Cydia?
    yes
    5) If I decide at any time that I don't want a jailbroken iPhone, can I restore my phone back to 3.1.3 via iTunes?
    yes

5. aristobrat macrumors G5

I don't know if they fixed this, but when I ran Spirit on the first day it was out, your camera pictures were gone after the jailbreak.

6. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

They fixed it a couple of days after it came out, they have the update notes on their website.

7. sers thread starter macrumors regular

Great, thanks for all the replies. This helps a lot.