A Few Questions Before Installing Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by apple-steve, Oct 24, 2007.

1. apple-steve macrumors newbie

1. If i want to do erase and install will i be able to drag my Photo Booth photos back to the original and have them showing up in the application like normal?

2. I bought quicktime pro and have saved the serial number, so do i just put that back in again?

3. I know that when you copy the whole iTunes folder the songs, playlists and artwork remain intact, will that be the same for iPhoto???

Thanks

:apple: - Steve

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

1. backup the photo booth folder in your pictures folder & the new photo booth in leopard will recognise them.

2. yes

3. backup the iphoto library folder in your pictures folder. when i leopard open iphoto while holding option and choose the iphoto library. (you can do this in itunes too)

3. bongabonga macrumors newbie

Btw, it's not enough to just put the images into the Photo Booth folder, you'll need to replace (or update) a file called "Recents.plist" which resides in that folder, and has information on what images you see in Photo Booth.

So, you could also add non-Photo Booth images to the folder and add them manually to the Recents.plist file to see them appear in the program.