A Few Questions Concerning Rebate on my new MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by MrKevan, Sep 5, 2010.

1. MrKevan macrumors newbie

1) Do we send the rebate for the itouch and printer in two separate envelopes?
    2) Can I just photocopy the serial # stickers or do I have to cut them/peel them off the box. (I want to sell the itouch to someone but the sticker is INSIDE the box, which is super lame)
    3) The MBP box only has 1 copy of the serial # sticker, how do I send it then if I have to send the rebate in two separate envelopes.
    4) After I sent the serial # for the itouch, do I still need to keep the itouch itself for any reason? Like maybe a verification of model # or some crap like that?

Thanks for all the help. The past 3 posts of mine had great responses. The magic eraser works like a charm, in fact I started scrubbing down the house after I got the pencil crayons off LOL. Sorry if this is the wrong forum; it probably is but the people here respond fast and are great. Thanks again!

2. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Wrong forum for the MacBook Pro (and possibly this question in general) but either way here is the answer.

There is no need to mail in your rebate at all. You can submit your claim for rebates on Apple's rebate website.

Just click on the link towards the bottom half of the page that says, "Submit your claim" and follow the steps. It will save you A LOT of trouble, and you get to track your claim as well so you know when you get your money!

3. MrKevan thread starter macrumors newbie

Ugh, USA only. I'm from Canada, dam. And they don't have one for us, we have to email it. Super lame, oh well. Anybody else know the answers to the questions above.

4. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Damn that sucks. Okay well I will do my best to answer your questions then.

1. Not sure about this one, maybe someone else knows.

2. In the fine print it says they must be peeled or cut from the packaging.
    3. Dunno, I suppose you have a point and that might answer the question and you should be shipping two rebates together.

4. No, they won't make you keep the iPod Touch, but if you return your iPod Touch then you are subject to the terms of the rebate. So basically if you sell it that's fine, but you should probably wait for your money to arrive before you do that just incase.

Call Apple and ask them these questions too if you are unsure, and read through the terms and conditions on the rebate form, it actually had one of your questions written out pretty clearly. I suppose you missed that.

5. glassbathroom macrumors 6502

I am in the UK. I managed a rebate with a photocopy of the label. I didn't want to mess up the box. It worked OK.